THIS IS A JOINT BUILDING DEPARTMENT WITH THE TOWN OF SPENCER AND OWEN COUNTY
To help assure building safety, the Building Department works with local residents, builders, and developers to be sure residential and commercial building in the unincorporated area of the County meets County building codes.
The Department's duties include:
- Issuing building permits for commercial and residential building.
- Conducting building plan checks and inspections.
- Assisting the public with building concerns, and code enforcement issues.
Forms Availabe On-Line:
- Owen County Electric Requirements
- Owen County Fee Schedule
- Ownen County Checklist for Building Permits
- Owen County Zoning and Ordinance Book
- Owen County Building Permit
- Members of the Owen County Board of Zoning Appeals
- Members of the Owen County Plan Commission
- Owen County Required Inspection Checklist
- Owen County Form for Residential Electrical Application
- Owen County Form for Non-Residential Electrical Application